Daily we consume many harmful substances and toxins, and the body regularly gets them out of the system through sweat and urine. But, it we have too much toxins in our body, they will accumulate. One of our largest organs, the liver, is in charge for taking care of the toxins.
But the liver is very important for our system, because it takes part also in the process of digestion as it stores nutrients, vitamins and minerals essential for proper body functioning. Naturally, we would like this organ to be as clean and healthy as possibly, because it is in charge of many vital functions in our body. But, if the liver is not functioning the right way, there is a great chance that the toxins are storing in your fatty tissues.
Here are the warning signs you should watch out for:
- Chronic fatigue
- Anxiety and depression
- Improper digestion
- Chronic muscle and joint pain
- Acne and other skin conditions
- Gases, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation
- Hormonal imbalance
- Increased weight
This are the most common symptoms, but do not take it for granted. Some people experience difficulties losing weight despite their hard effort to do so. So, if you want to improve your liver function, here are few tips what you should do:
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat organic food
- Turn toward a healthy balanced diet rich in whole foods, animal and plant protein, grains, fermented foods, healthy fats, nuts and seeds
- Do not consume canola, corn, soybeans, vegetable oil cottonseed, safflower or sunflower
- Consume more healthy fats
- Consume more dietary fiber
- Cut down your fructose intake to 20g per day
- Consume more leafy green vegetables
- Do not consume alcohol
- Consume more animal and vegetable amino acids
- Increase your intake of sulfur-rich foods like eggs, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, garlic, onion, asparagus etc.
But, here are three products that significantly improve your liver functioning:
- Artichokes – abundant in fiber and antioxidants, and that is why they are so beneficial for protecting the liver
- Turmeric – rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Milk thistle – strong antiviral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic properties, and that’s why it’s the best medicinal herb for liver health.
So, our conclusion is to take good care of our livers in order to have a good overall health.