Your clothes are getting a strange odor after washing, there are some black stains between the rubber rings or in the washing powder compartment. If you have noticed something of this than it’s time for you to take some action! These black stains are dangerous fungus that can causes a lot of diseases in humans. Molds appears in conditions of high humidity and heat, which means that the bathroom is an ideal place for the growth of fungal spores, which can easily be spread through the air and nest on different surfaces.
Read how to get rid of fungus in your washing machine:
You will need:
- 25gr salt of lemon or potassium hydrogen oxalate
- a sponge
- some liquid cleaning detergent (preferably containing chlorine)
- If you’re going to fight against the fungus, than you should wipe the inside of your washing machine with some tissues in order to remove the accumulated dirt.
- Then you need to apply the cleaning agent (with chlorine content) over the entire surface of the rubber ring, distributing evenly.
- You should close the door and leave it for a couple of hours.
- After this, you need to set your washing machine on ‘rinse’ program, and turn it on.
- Then you need to put some salt of lemon in the detergent compartment and set your washing machine on the highest temperature. Turn it on.
In the end, your washing machine is going to look like new. If it’s necessary, you can repeat the procedure in a month in order to completely get rid of the mold.
After a wash cycle you should always leave the door of your washing machine open. That will prevent the bacteria and mold proliferation.
With this prevention you’re going to extend the life of your washing machine!