Aloe Vera has been used for centuries because of its numerous health benefits. The plant is separated into 2 products: latex and gel.
The gel is actually the pulp or juice from the inner part of the leaves, which is a clear substance that looks like jelly. It contains carbohydrate polymers and many other organic and inorganic compounds.
The latex is known as aloe juice, and it is obtained from the part beneath the outer skin of the leaves. This yellow extract can be used as a laxative- for this purpose it is dried up, to produce granules with dark brown color.
Sometimes, due to incomplete separation process, aloe latex can be found in the gel, which needs to be removed because of its strong laxative properties.
Processes aloe gel is difficult to be kept stable, so the best option is to use freshly prepared from broken leaves.
Aloe Vera gel is best known for treating skin irritations, minor burns and wounds. It can be used as a drink or in skincare products.
If used internally, aloe Vera can help with conditions like ulcers, constipation, diabetes, headaches, arthritis, cancer and many more. It is used to treat some condition or as a prevention.
If you don`t want to buy Aloe Vera products from the store, you can grow your own plant, this way you`ll have 100% organic and natural products. All you need to know is that it requires sunlight, little fertilization, and watering from time to time. To obtain the gel, just slit the leaf in half, and that`s it!
These are some of the most commonly known benefits and uses of Aloe Vera:
- Skin hydration
- The perfect replacement for shaving gel
- Healing wounds
- Healing burns
- Reducing skin irritations
- Treating eczema and acne
- Helps with itching and bug bites
- Replacement for anti-hair loss shampoo and conditioner
- Fills in wrinkles
- Improves the function of the immune system
- Improves blood flow and heart`s work
- Reduces the risk of arthritis
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Reduces indigestion heartburn
- Stimulates production of white blood cells
- Improves the function of the urinary tract
- Prevents and treats digest disorders like constipation, colitis, bloating, relieves stomach ache
- Maintains healthy gyms
Aloe Vera offers so much health benefits that you can throw away the medications you are using and replace them with this ultimate natural remedy. It is no wonder Aloe Vera is part of the traditional as well as the alternative medicine.