No matter whether the ear rings, hiss, loud or quiet, it is really awful noise in the head. And this can be really annoying for those who suffer from them often.
That condition is known as tinnitus. Most of those who suffer from tinnitus often turn to over-counter solutions to their problem, however these are not very effective and can cause a lot of unpleasant side effects that could worsen the patient’s well-being.
What is tinnitus actually? That is a sound that occurs in the inner ear, and it is also the current mental state of feeling the presence of sound in the ears and head without any real sound around. The sound is very different, and most people describe this as a ringing, but also they can range from chirping to hissing, whistling or other sound, and they can also range in volume as well. A common cause of noise in the ears is damage to the delicate hearing cells with noise or working without safety. These include above all the music that young people also listen to in your spare time, via MP3 players, discos, rock concerts. Trauma in practice can hardly be cured if treated promptly.
There are many other reasons that you should consider when it comes to humming in the ears, such as diseases of the cervical spine diseases in the area of the teeth and joints of the jaws, hearing loss caused by age, tumor of the hearing nerve, dizziness, diseases of the central nervous system, anesthesia and others.
In order to combat tinnitus, many people take pharmaceutical medication to help deal with it’s symptoms. Not only do these medications provide a new set of symptoms to worry about, they are also shown to not be very effective and in some cases even to contribute more to tinnitus symptoms.
But, there is always some natural solution for all sorts of treatments, and there are few also for tinnitus that have proven effectiveness and don’t come with a long list of side effects. Here are some of them:
- Acupuncture – the effectiveness of acupuncture is proven by many studies for many causes. A basic acupuncture prescription for tinnitus may take up to 10-15 sessions before noticeable improvement. But, improvement there will be.
- Gingko – This extensively studied herbal medicine is said to be able to improve blood flow to the outer parts of your body, specifically to the brain and head. This makes it effective at treating tinnitus that is caused by circulatory problems.
- Eustachian Tube Drainage – this is a technique used to relieve congestion in the tube located behind your ear drum by draining the fluid in your ear. This is a technique you can do by yourself, by opening your mouth and placing your index finger on your back molars on one side, behind these molars you’ll find a curved bone covered in flesh. From there, keep going back farther back until you find a stringy tendon, and just beyond that tendon, at the root of your tongue, is the Eustachian tube. Gently stroke this tube from side to side for 15-20 seconds, and do that on the other side.
If you do this daily, for a week you’ll feel relief, but, on the other hand if you don’t feel comfortable while doing this procedure, then ask your local naturopath to perform it to you.
- Supplements – zinc and vitamin B12 are said to be effective at treating age and noise related tinnitus, especially in those whose lack vitamin B12. Although these are not scientifically proven facts, some people say that taking as little as 100 mcg a day had beneficial effects.
- White noise – since tinnitus is usually most prevalent when there is little to no background noise, having a white noise machine can help by simulating background noise, such as environmental sounds like rain falling or ocean waves. There are also certain hearing aids and other devices available that can help you block out the noise caused by tinnitus.
If you’ve found any of these options helpful, please tell us.