Do you drink soy milk?
Since it has even been recommended by many nutritionists for regular consumption, many people believe it is a much healthier option than regular milk. However, the claim that it’s good for your health is far from the truth.
It was recently discovered that soy and also soy milk can have some harmful effect on your health. But beside this proves in UK, people keep using soy and also drink soy milk, because they are convinced that these products are healthy and nutritious.
If we want to find out why soy and soy milk is so harmful for our health, firstly we should review the ingredients of soymilk:
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Carrageenan, Cane Sugar, Sea Salt, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12, Calcium Carbonate Natural Flavor,.
The reason why we should avoid soy milk
- Soy foods are known to abound in toxic aluminum, which has a damaging effect on the nervous system and also can damage the kidneys. Also soy foods have been related to the incidence of Alzheimer’s.
- Soybeans are rich in natural toxins or “anti-nutrients”. We can mention that the consumption of only 2 glasses a day greatly changes the menstrual cycle.
- Phytoestrogens (plant estrogen) is another constituent of this plant, which impedes the endocrine function and also has been related to female infertility and in some cases of breast cancer.
- The production process involves high temperatures in order to get soy protein isolate and textured soy protein out of delicate soy proteins. These conditions can seriously harm your health.
- Some scientific studies have shown that if you consume soy foods, it can increase your body’s need for vitamin D and B12.
- Soy includes toxic Einstein, is flavones, and daidzein, which support the growth of ovarian cancer, breast cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Soy is one of the most pesticide-contaminated foods, so 99 percent of it is GMO.
- A compound in soy is similar to vitamin B12, which is not processed in the body, so soy foods contribute to the deficiency of this vitamin.
- Phytic acid which is present in soy and soy products it has the ability to prevent the digestion of copper, iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium.
The dangers of carrageenan present in soy milk
Many scientific studies have shown that the food grade carrageenan in soy milk can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, ulcerations, lesions, and colon cancer in lab rats, which is quite concerning.
All of these facts should be enough to convince you that soy products have harmful effect on your overall health which is why you need to stop consuming them immediately.