Everyone likes creamy dips with crackers or veggie slices, they are the perfect snack, alone or with some fine wine.
If you can`t consume dairy or beans, you can make a perfectly delicious creamy dip from steamed cauliflower.
The dips from the stores contain dairy and preservatives, which can cause hormonal imbalance as well as inflammation. But not this dip- it will actually reduce any inflammation due to its spice mix. It contains curcumin, the active turmeric compound, which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, so it`s often used for treating conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. The same can be said for cumin.
The Phytotherapy Research has published an article about an animal study from 2007, which discovered that the thymoquinone compound from black cumin can reduce arthritic inflammations in the tested subjects.
The main ingredient in this dip, cauliflower, also has anti-inflammatory properties. This cruciferous vegetable, according to Dr. Axe, has been proven to help hormones by partially reducing high levels of estrogen, which can be unhealthy.
Dr. Axe states the following health benefits of cauliflower:
- Maintains eye health. This vegetable contains sulforaphane which can protect the vulnerable retinal tissue from oxidative stress, on f the causes for cataracts, blindness and macular degeneration.
- Supports liver function, improving the process of detoxification.
- Rich in vitamin C, enhancing the body`s protection against viruses and diseases.
- It helps digestion and reduces the risk of leaky gut syndrome.
- Also, rich in vitamin K, which is very important for strong and healthy bones.
- Effective in cancer prevention. It is also very efficient in obstructing tumor growth, in its early phases.
- It`s low in calories, so it`s the perfect food if you want to lose some weight.
- Help treat constipation and removing excess water from the body.
Cauliflower has a very mild taste, so you can add whatever spice you want. Experiment, play a little bit with the spices, add cayenne pepper or some extra garlic, drizzle it with olive oil and sprinkle some paprika at the end.
Recipe for creamy cauliflower dip
This serving is for 4 people. Time for preparation is 10 minutes. It requires no cooking.
Nutritional info: 74 calories, 6 grams of fat and 65 mg of sodium.
For preparation of the dip you will need:
- 1 steamed cauliflower head
- 2 tbsp. of tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Dash of garlic and onion powder, cumin, paprika and turmeric.
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor to get a smooth texture
- Taste it if it needs more seasoning
- Serve the dip with almond flour crackers, olives and vegetables slices, or some finger food.