Castor oil is a vegetable oil commonly used in lubricant, soaps and other cosmetic products, but it also has many different health benefits.
A woman used the amazing properties of castor oil to treat her painful knees, because it`s very helpful in treating pain, especially when it comes to arthritis.
This 43-year-old woman from Colorado used a piece of wool soaked in castor oil, applied on the knees. Then she wrapped it with plastic wrap and let it act during the night, using bottles of warm water to heat the knees. After a few days of repeating the treatment, she noticed significant pain relief.
Castor oil can be used to treat many other conditions like:
– Sore muscles: to treat sore muscles, apply a piece of cloth soaked in castor oil on the affected area and let it act for 45 minutes. Use a bottle of hot water to optimize the effects.
– Insomnia: If you are having troubles sleeping, rub some castor oil on the eyelids before going to bed to relax your eyes
– Cracked heels: Use castor oil to moisturize and soften cracked heels. Apply it before going to bed and put on some socks. In the morning you`ll be surprised how soft and smooth your heels are!
– Dark eye circles: Castor oil is very thick and it can be used as an eye cream, to treat dark eye circles and rejuvenate the skin around the eyes.
– Skin refreshing: It moisturizes the skin like no other skin cream, and reduces pigmentation and dark spots. Combine the castor oil with coconut or jojoba oil and massage the skin every night, before going to bed.
– Constipation: One teaspoon of castor oil before breakfast can solve the constipation problem in no time.
– Beautiful nails: Rub castor oil on the nails and cuticles, leave it during the whole night, and in the morning your brittle nails will be shiny and healthy.
– Longer, thicker hair: Castor oil contains ricinoleic acids, which provides the scalp with the natural oils and antioxidants, to improve hair growth and strength. Massage the hair with a mixture of 1 tbsp. olive oil and 3 tbsp. castor oil, without rinsing it.
– Long and thick eyelashes: Use a mascara brush to apply castor oil on the eyelashes, to improve their growth and make them thicker.
– Split ends: Castor oil is used to repair split ends and smooth rough cuticles. All you need to do is apply the oil on the hair ends 1-2 times a weeks, and you`ll be amazed by the results.