Herbal teas, especially green tea, are what people usually reach to when they feel sick. But the best thing is to use the ones without caffeine.
Here we will show you how to prepare the most incredible and effective tea to treat conditions like flu or cold, diabetes, or menstrual cramps. These natural teas can easily be found. This is how to prepare them:
Recipe for tea with ginger, honey and cinnamon:
- 1 tsp. of organic honey
- 1 stick of Ceylon cinnamon
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice, freshly squeezed juice
- 1 and ½ cup of filtered water
- Heat the water in a small pan
- Chop the ginger and add it to the water when boils
- Lower the heat and let the ginger simmer
- Add the cinnamon and let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Strain the tea, cool it down and then add the lemon juice and honey
Health benefits from this tea:
- Anti-diabetic: excellent for type II diabetes, because it can reduce blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Fights flu: The gingerol compound of ginger has antibacterial and antiviral properties, and relieves swelling and pain caused by coughing
- Relieves menstrual symptoms: It has the property to soothe menstrual cramps. It inhibits the inflammatory properties of prostaglandins which cause the pain during menstrual cycle.
- Nausea: ginger is used in treating nausea, vomiting and migraines, as well as indigestion and bloating.
- Arthritis: According to a research conducted by the University of Miami, ginger extract can be an excellent substitute to certain anti-inflammatory or nonsteroidal drugs.
- Cancer: According to a recent study, ginger can fight cancer cells causing apoptosis (cancer cells suicide) and autophagy (cancer cells digest themselves).