If you are embarrassed because you have dark spots on your elbows and knees, don`t be- many people face the same skin issue.
These areas of the body don`t have oil glands, so they tend to have dark discolorations. These parts can be very dry and easily collect dirt. The dark discoloration can be a result of pressure or friction, exposure to sun, accumulated layers of dead skin cells. But don`t worry, there are natural remedies for this problem.
The coconut oil is rich in vitamin E, which is excellent in lightening the skin on the knees and elbows. This oil will also moisturize and hydrate the dark areas.
After your shower, gently rub some coconut oil on the affected areas. Apply the oil few times a day to prevent further dryness.
Sugar granules are perfect for a scrub which will remove the dead skin cells from the knees and elbows and soften the skin.
- Make a thick paste by mixing some sugar with olive oil
- Apply the paste with circular motions, rubbing the knees and elbows
- Rub the areas for 5 minutes then rinse with mild soap and warm water
- Repeat once a day, until you see some results
- Continue with the treatment more than a week to get better results
This ingredient will lighten, soften and moisturize the skin. It can also repair skin cells damaged by exposure to sun, and maintain skin tone.
Use fresh Aloe Vera leaf, if you have the plant a home.
- Break the leaf and extract the gel
- Apply the gel on the affected area
- Let it act for 20 minutes and then rinse it off
- Repeat one or twice a day, for a month.
Baking soda is perfect for lowering hyper-pigmentation and removing dead skin cells from the knees and elbows.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a tablespoon of milk
- Make a paste and apply it on the affected area, massaging it with circular motions , 2-3 minutes
- Rinse off and gently pat and dry the area with a towel
- Repeat this every day, until you see results
Lemon is excellent in bleaching and exfoliating the dark areas from the skin. The high amounts of vitamin C and citric acid are very efficient in lightening the skin tone, removing dead skin cells, and helping skin regeneration.
With a cotton ball soaked in lemon juice, apply it on the knees and elbows, and massage gently for few minutes. Let the juice act for 20 minutes and rinse it off. To prevent dryness, apply some moisturizing lotion on the treated skin.
All-in-One recipe for knees and elbow lightening
Use all of the above mentioned ingredients to make the perfect mixture for lightening the dark areas. The mixture will also help improve the skin quality and speed up the process of healing.
- Take equal parts of Aloe Vera, sugar, lemon juice and baking soda to make a paste
- Apply the paste on the affected areas, and rub gently for couple of minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water and mild soap.