A few years ago, when the Banana Diet book came out in Japan, it instantly became popular. The book was telling the true story about a Hitoshi Watanabe, a Japanese man who managed to lose 18 pounds in only a couple of months, with the help of the Banana Diet.
As Watanabe says in his story, all you need to do in order to loss the excess weight is to replace the breakfast with a banana and a glass of water at room temperature. This combination speeds up the metabolism, so that you can eat whatever you wish for lunch and dinner, and still lose weight.
Unripe bananas contain resistant starch, so when we consume them they give us the feeling of satiety. This way the process of burning fat gets 30% faster compared to traditional diets and weight-loss methods.
A glass of water at room temperature will improve digestion and reduce the hunger.
This Morning Banana Diet is very simple: every morning eat one large or two medium-sized bananas and drink a glass of lukewarm water.
The most important thing for the success of the diet is to use fresh, unripe bananas, and the water should be at room temperature.
All the other meals, like lunch and dinner, should be as usual. You are free to eat all you want, but just follow these few simple rules to improve the effects of the diet and lose faster those extra pounds:
- Don`t overeat yourself. Stop eating and leave the table when your stomach is 4/5 full.
- Have your dinner around 6 PM and don`t eat anything after 8 PM. In case you fell really hungry because of the early dinner, you can eat a piece of fruit or some muesli with yogurt.
- Avoid dessert. Instead, eat a piece of fruit.
- Drink lots of liquids during the day. The water should be at room temperature, and drink it in small sips. Also, don`t drink any liquids at least half an hours after the meal.
- Drink tea, coffee or juices between meals. This diet allows moderate consumption of alcohol.
One of the best things about this diet is that it does not require physical activities in order to show results.
A possible side effect of this diet is that some people, especially the ones with hypoglycemia, don`t respond well to clean carbohydrates. If you are one of them, consult your doctor before starting the diet.