Most women, at some point in their lives, will experience vaginal burning and itching which can be very uncomfortable. The causes can be various things like: hormonal imbalance, some infection, tight clothes, eczema or psoriasis, perspiration, reactions to condoms, detergent or douche gels.
The burning and itching are accompanied by swelling and redness in and around the vagina and vulva, as well as vaginal odor and discharge.
Here are a few natural remedies which can help you relieve vaginal burning and itching very fast.
- Yogurt: the probiotics from the yogurt can get rid of the bacteria in the vaginal walls causing the itch and the discharge, and promote growth of the good bacteria living here. Dip a tampon in yogurt, insert it in the vagina and let it act for 2 hours. Repeat twice a day, until the uncomfortable sensations are gone.
- Apple cider vinegar: Its antibacterial and antifungal properties will completely remove the itching caused by an infection and restore healthy pH levels in the vagina. Mix 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered ACV in a glass of water and wash your vagina with this solution, 2-3 times a day. This will make the vagina acidic, so bacteria won`t be able to thrive in it.
Also you can try some of these tips:
– Sleep without underwear, until the itching is gone
– Avoid sugar or sugary products
– Drink lots of filtered or purified water
– Don`t itch, it will scratch even more.
– Increase consumption of food rich in vitamin C to improve the immune system
– Wear cotton underwear, or no underwear at all whenever possible
– Avoid sexual intercourse until the problem is solved.