The magical healing powers of tea are very well known, but the effectiveness of used tea bags is often overlooked. Apart from reducing the swelling around the eyes, used tea bags can be very useful in maintaining your household.
These are just some ideas of how you can use used tea bags:
1. Use them for treating acne – just brew a cup of green tea and let the bag sit for 30 minutes. Then place it on the affected are for 5-10 minutes. Do this routine twice a day. Also, watch this video and see how you can make an effective exfoliating face scrub.
2. Fight the aging process. All you need is to empty 2 used green tea bags into a bowl. Mix them with 2 teaspoons of raw honey and lemon juice to make a paste. Apply that paste to your neck and area, let it stay for 5-10 minutes then rinse it off. Repeat this twice weekly.
3. Get rid to your bad breath. Make a mouthwash out of green tea, black tea or camellia because they all have antiseptic properties that will kill the bacteria responsible for the bad breath. To make a mouthwash, use 3 teabags and steep them. Let this stay for 10 to 15 minutes, let it coold down and they add a few drops of tea tree oil. Rinse your mouth twice a day with this mixture.
4. The favorite eye de-puffer for everyone – from runway models to sleep-deprived college student. Soothe your puffy eyes with just 2 tea bags. Put them in a fridge for about 30 minutes, and then place them over your closed eyelids and let them sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat as much as needed throughout the day.
5. The long walks on the beach can cause serious damage to skin, but worry not – green tea is here to the rescue! Save up old tea bags up to 12. Place them in your bathwater and soak for about 20 minutes. Do this daily for a few days.
6. Black tea contains antifungal properties that battle candida – the bacteria blamed for conditions like athletes foot. Take used black tea bags, put them in the fridge, let them cool down, and then put them on your toenails for about 15minutes. Repeat as much as needed.
7. It may sound weird, but tea bags can help you protect your plants too. Take a few used tea bags and brew a mild tea. Let this cool for a bit and then put it in a spray bottle. Spray it on the leaves of your plants. And your plants will be save from any unwanted fungi!