When you step out of your bed or chair and start to walk, if you are feeling pain in yours heels than means that you suffer from painful inflammation in the large ligament on the foot bottom. This is familiar by the name plantar fasciitis. It is appropriated with severe pain in the bottom of the foot near the heel .This pain is more intense in the morning or after you sit for a longer period of time, making it uncomfortable for walk. When women wear high heels, people who spend long periods of time standing, also the runners can have this condition. Simple treatments can help like stretching exercises.
You should do these things:
Take a rest –firstly you should limit your activities like jumping or running. Also you should avoid spending a standing position too much time. It is important you to use shoes with cushions in order to support the foot arch.
Reduce inflammation – plantar fasciitis can cause inflammation in the ligaments. So you will need to treat inflammation which causes pain. On the affected spot you can apply ice for 15 minutes.
Increase flexibility – this condition appears due to ligament strain. Actually, in order to increase flexibility and prevent it from happening you will need to perform some exercises. In case the symptoms are severe do not perform these exercises as you can damage your ligaments.
- Exercise 1 – you should place your feet on the floor with the toes pointing up. Then pull the big toe toward the heel and for 15-30 seconds hold like that.
- Exercise 2 – you should face a wall and then put your hands against it at an eye level. Keep the injured leg back and the uninjured forward. The heel of your injured leg needs to be on the floor. The affected foot should be turned slightly inward while you slowly lean into the wall until you feel the stretch in the back of your calf. Hold like this for 15-30 seconds and repeat the procedure 3 times. You should do this exercise couple of times a day.
- Exercise 3 – you should sit on the floor. Than place your feet in front of you and the injured one on the center of a folded towel. The towel ends need to be taken and pulled towards you while you stretch the foot. You should keep your knee straight and hold like this for 15-30 seconds.
- Exercise 4 – you should stand on the injured foot on step and then reach for the bottom step with your heel until you start feeling a stretch in the arch of your foot. You need to hold like that for 15-30 seconds and then relax. So this exercise you can do 3 times daily.
- Exercise 5 –you can take a frozen juice can and roll your bare and injured foot back and forth from your heel to the mid-arch. For optimal results you should do this exercise in the morning.
Share this information with your friends. Do not forget!