The reason for not including cow milk in your diet is probably sought in the production of the milk. The lack of the fat supplements are being replaced with sugar, so if you eat non-fat dairy products in order to lower the fat intake, be sure that is not one of the best ways.
Here is a list of dangerous health problems:
– Broken bones – on the contrary of the belief, according to one study, people that drank large quantities of dairy milk daily were more likely to sustain fractures.
– Prostate cancer – some studies supported with evidence showed that the consumption of milk and other dairy products can lead to prostate cancer.
– Lactose intolerance – for people that are intolerant to lactose, there can be a lot of health issues such as: nausea, cramps, gas, bloating and diarrhea.
– Acne – people who have problems with acne are strongly recommended not to consume milk or any dairy products.
– Cholesterol – a single serving of milk can contain as much as 24mg of cholesterol, whereas vegan food has no cholesterol.
– Ovarian Cancer – researchers also found a link between this type of cancer and dairy products
– Milk allergies – unlike the lactose intolerance, this is accompanied by strong and dangerous reactions, such as vomiting and anaphylaxis.
– Antibiotics – the practice of pumping the cows with pills leads to an antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
– Saturated fat – despite what you’ve heard, a fact is that one glass of milk has more than 20% of the recommended daily allowance of saturated fat.
– Weight gain – a study showed that the more milk you drink, the more weight you gain, and the skim and 1% milk appeared to be counter-intuitively.
– Bone loss – instead of promoting bone health as we’d all expect, animal protein in dairy products can have a calcium – leaching effect.
If you think you can ditch dairy products, try going vegan for 30 days and see what’s the difference for yourself!